Downtown Overlay District
Timrod Park Neighborhood Overlay Criteria:
- The historic and significant character of the property should be retained and preserved;
- Distinctive features, finishes and construction techniques or examples that characterize a property should be preserved;
- For all buildings, aluminum or vinyl siding may not be used unless approved by the Design Review Board:
- Chemical or physical treatments cause damage to or cover the original material may not be used unless approved by the Design Review Board.
- New additions and adjacent or related new construction should be undertaken in such a manner that if removed in the future, the essential form and integrity of the original property and its environment would be unimpaired.
- The height of any alteration or construction should be compatible with the style and character of the proposed or modified structure or building and with the surrounding buildings and structures;
- The proportions and relationship between doors and windows should be compatible with the architectural style and character of the building and surrounding buildings;
- The visual relationship of open space between buildings or structures should be compatible with adjacent buildings or structures;
- The design of the roof should be compatible with the architectural style and character of existing buildings and surrounding structures;
- Landscaping should be added that enhances the property and provides for green space and appropriate buffering between land uses and/or property boundaries:
- The scale of the buildings or structure after alteration, construction, or partial demolition should be compatible with the style and character of surrounding buildings and structures.
- When appropriate, the architectural details (colors, materials, and textures) should be compatible with the style and character of surrounding buildings and structures.